(Today’s weather ^) It’s only Sunday and London’s long weekend is already proving to be very newsworthy. Yesterday, another Royal Baby arrived, a little girl who is 4th in line to the throne. Then came the very sad announcement that the young CEO of Survey Monkey and Silicon Valley entrepreneur, David Goldberg, had sadly passed away for unknown reasons (also infamously known as the mega-inspirational Sheryl Sandberg’s husband). Finally, it culminated in a boxing match of legends, with Mayweather beating Pacquiao (feel free to insert your own digs at this win, here).
Here are some lighter Sunday collections to take you through today’s rain:
- You can now stop getting spammed by companies and agencies asking you to vote for their app. Earlier this week this year’s Webby Award winner’s were announced. (#LongRead)
- “Girl, you don’t need makeup”, the latest video from Inside Amy Schumer. No description necessary.
- Hot on the heels of NYFW’s announcement of a location change, the British Fashion Council has also announced a move for LFW… from Somerset House to a carpark.
- A week of quarterly earnings reports caused Twitter’s stock to crash. Badly.
- What you knew of Style.com is no more as Conde Nast announces the site will be e-commerce focused. Not surprising after the recent spate of publishers-turning-retailers. Retail 2.0 people.
- Here’s a reminder that you are not your job. Especially useful for anyone who had a rough week of work.
- On our reading lists for this month is the Pulitzer Prize winner, Anthony Doerr’s ‘All the Light we Cannot See’ (links to Waterstones where it’s only 40p more, so why not support a bookseller smaller than Amazon!).
- David Beckham joined instagram and his first post is of him lying in bed, head against a soft pillow, staring into the camera. Yeah.
Please send your #nomakeupselfie’s (I guess this means the hashtag is back?), #clownselfie’s, carpark seating arrangements, and thoughts on Doerr’s novel to email@example.com.
And, in case you missed it… we’re offering free shipping on ALL items this long weekend. Enter “BANKHOL5” at checkout. Happy Shopping!