This week flew by faster than the release of post-Met Ball memes. Hope your week was more successful than mine, of which my only achievement was eating my body weight in cheese.
Here’s a round up of everything on our radar this week that does not include any further mentions of cheese nor the mega-event of the week that was the elections:
- HONY captured the #Metball Gala and managed to get some deep, dark secrets out of a few celebrities and influencers.
- Net-A-Porter moved into S-commerce this week. Worth a click not just to find out what they did and why it’s such a big deal, but also to learn more about ‘S-commerce’.
- Terrariums are the new Bonsai, and here’s a great guide to creating your own display because they’re actually really tricky to make but look fantastic on your coffee table.
- Learn about the 29 year old idealist who built a global drug bazaar on the internet and became a murderous kingpin, otherwise known as The Rise and Fall of Silk Road. Part 2 comes May 14th. (#LongRead)
- This is what happens If facebook got rid of everything you hate.
- Now that digital has pervaded fashion journalism, find out what’s coming up for the next wave of fashion journalism in this roundtable.
- There’s an illustrated summary of all the major things that happened on television in the last year so we don’t feel left out when people talk about it. Our favorite is “The Slap”, can you guess what the major event was…?
- Om Malik spoke to the female voice and mega inspiration of our digital generation, Jenna Wortham, on all things digital culture and new technologies. Get to know. (#LongRead)
Please send all illustrated television summaries, dark secrets, and finished terrarium pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image from: Giacomo Gambineri/NYMag