This week I spoke on a panel about Retail Channels for Fashion Technology at INTERLACED’s 2015 conference on The Future of Fashion. It was my first panel talk as founder & CEO of Teqtique so it was a pretty exciting milestone for me! The event itself was incredibly insightful and inspirational – sadly, I wasn’t able to attend all the talks, but our friends over at FashNerd have done a great summary of the day for the curious minds out there. Have a read here. I met some insanely talented people doing amazing things in the fashion tech space and also witnessed a very bright (literally) catwalk show that truly showcased innovation at it’s finest, and what we can expect for fashion in the future. – Jenn
Here’s what we’ve been loving and reading this week:
- It’s not really a huge surprise that we’re huge fans of The Man Repeller so we were ecstatic to find out Leandra had launched a podcast. (Soundcloud)
- Abstaining from multi-tasking; the 21st century puts pressure on us to multi-task every part of our life, but is it necessarily a good thing? (FT) #LongRead
- Now that summer holiday travel season is finally wrapping up, we thought it would be the perfect time to let you know about the 7 things you shouldn’t touch on a plane. (Trust us, it was better we shared it after and not before…!) Remember the anti-bac wipes on your next journey! (HuffPost)
- We’re currently reading “The Obstacle is the Way” by Ryan Holiday, who offers great advice on how to change your attitude & mindset, face your fears, and tackle any obstacle in your way. It’s pretty much a practical guide on how to handle anything life throws at you… what’s the saying, ‘when life gives you lemons, make tequila!’. HELL YES. (He doesn’t say to do this, but if we wrote a book on the same topics, that would be our title). (Buy on Amazon US / UK)
- And, the obstacle we face everyday…How to overcome the midday slump. (Harvard Business Review)
- The refugee crisis is more than just what we’re seeing in Europe right now, a bigger crisis looms in the Middle East. (Washington Post) #LongRead
- …And, in case you missed it, Sarah Frances Kuhn gave us an insider tour of her treehouse studio. No, that isn’t a typo. While most of us are cooped up indoors, Sarah gets to work in the great outdoors!
Please send all airplane germ stories, tequila, and slump tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our snapshot this week is a slightly blurry shot of one of the looks straight from the Interlaced 2015 catwalk.