It appears that summer has already gone here in London. We were pretty lucky this year with TWO FULL WEEKS of temperature over 25c! (Did you catch the sarcasm there? Just checking.) This recent turn of events/weather has me scrambling to finish up a few things before autumn kicks in. An End-of-summer-bucket-list, if you will before the wind, more rain, and green was but a color of the past. Said list includes, one last al fresco meal (likely to resemble The Last Supper painting but with more wine and less men); a final aimless wander through central London when everyone is smiling and happy because it’s still light at 6pm; an activity requiring lazing on the grass, like reading or eating cheese; wasting time on a rooftop, preferably one that doubles as a bar; and feeling the sand in my toes somewhere it isn’t freezing. Now, I just need it to stop raining… – Jenn
Here’s what we’ve been reading & loving this week:
- Angela Ahrendts has just spilled what she looks for when interviewing candidates. Dream job anyone? (LinkedIn)
- BACON! AVOCADO! SHARKS! FACE PALM! New Emoji are coming in 2016. Now where’s the kale? (Emojipedia)
- This might be the final few weeks of iced-anything. Don’t go bottled and make your own iced coffee with this recipe (just switch out the beans they use here for your own!). (Blue Bottle Coffee)
- A rare, personal insight into the life of bad boy turned genius designer, Marc Jacobs. (New York Times) #LongRead
- In the life advice column this week… a blogger discusses how being non-confrontational has held her back in life. Now we aren’t suggesting to go out and pick some fights, but this is definitely one that will have you reflecting (over an iced coffee?). (Life hacker)
- Is digital driving diffusion brands to the ground? (“Diffusion brands”: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael by Michael Kors, CK by Calvin Klein, etc.) (Digiday)
- For the pinners and anyone re-decorating, the newest home decor trend is matte black. Though we can’t say we’re surprised – we have our own matte black goodness right here. (Domaine)
Please send all confrontational stories, iced coffees and new emoji suggestions to email@example.com.
Our snapshot this week is titled “The Last Days of Summer” as depicted by largely revealing shoes; highly impractical when it rains and due to its composition of pony hair.