If you came here look for some dead witty intro or intellectual musings of our current global state of affairs… then, bye. This morning we made pancakes for breakfast because that’s the sort of morning it has been, and that’s the sort of week it looks like it’s going to be.
Here are some things that read better over fresh-fruit topped pancakes with a dusting of icing sugar:
- We’re in a yoga pants revolution, and $400 pairs are only the beginning of it. Is activewear the new LBD?
- Watch: DadBods became a thing, but Kristen Schaal wasn’t having any of it.
- A Wes Anderson themed cafe opened up in Milan.
- When astronauts see the Earth from space they witness something called the ‘Overview Effect’. Even though the vast majority of us will never see the Earth from space (or maybe we will if SpaceX hurries up), we can experience lesser versions of this with travel. (#Longread)
- Mad Max hit the box office this weekend but fanboys everywhere are advising other men against seeing it. Why? Too much #girlpower, apparently.
- Between Cruise show season and Singapore’s Fashion Week now comes a new runway, the Silicon Valley Fashion Week. Even though drones are flying in clothing and wearables are hitting the catwalk, the biggest achievement is Silicon Valley actually acknowledging the fashion world on a public level (and we love it).
- Last weekend was the Venice Biennale, and Artnet did a a round up of what was hot.
- We found an Apple Watch review that has been written by a woman for women! You can thank me later.
Please send your thoughts on Dad Bods, Space stories and free Apple Watches to email@example.com.
Image from: marianne jemtegard