Like thousands of other women around the world, I substituted my last Friday night out for a Friday night in… which also rolled over to Saturday with my chanting the famous word’s of Khia, “my neck, my back, my Netflix and my snacks” between every episode of the new Orange is the New Black. Three seasons in there’s only so many times you can hear that theme tune, and my new chant started ringing true about three episodes in, one family bag of crisps down and three G&Ts downed. Ok just kidding, she really didn’t sing that last bit, but the rest is true. I’M NOT ASHAMED. – Jenn
Here’s what we’ve been reading this week:
- A controversial article was recently released claiming that out of the half a billion dollars the Red Cross raised for Haiti relief, only 6 houses were built.
- We’re all familiar with internet trolling wreaking hate and havoc on every video, blog post, article and forum, but where do these haters come from? #SuperLongRead (and a really interesting one)
- First came selfies, then the color-changing white and gold dress, or was it black and blue? The latest ‘imagery’ trend has now emerged out of China sparking heated debates on body weight criticism.
- The ultimate music streaming showdown reached its peak this week, with Apple announcing their new music streaming platform at WWDC, followed by an announcement of new funding of $526 million from Spotify the very next day. Tidal, what ya gonna do?
- Have you ever wondered how fashion bloggers come up with those amazing Intagram shots with pretty backgrounds and an abundance of food? XO Jane goes undercover to find out the secret behind the shoots and deconstructs the art of instagramming. #LongRead
- For just £300 a night for two people you can sleep on a robotic bed that moves around the Hayward Gallery in London. The latest installation from Carsten Holler, it could be a great way to find out if there’s any truth behind Night at the Museum or Harry Potter. Just saying.
- Three female geniuses have invented a pair of underwear that are going to change the world.
Do you like what you read or think we need more of something and a little less of something else? Let us know! And as per usual, please send all Hayward Gallery donations, instagram secrets and your best trolling to email@example.com. Oh, and your thoughts on the new OITNB!
Image from: The Coveteur